Sometimes hiking is better with a group!
The hiking club is perfect for people who:
- Are newer to or less experienced with hiking;
- Want or like to hike in a group setting;
- Want to try a new hiking location out with a group before trying it solo
- Are interested in southern Illinois hiking spots; or
- Just want to get moving outdoors.
We typically host hiking club on the first Wednesday of the month. These hikes are open to anyone. We ask for registrations so that we have enough hike leaders and supplies.
Upcoming Hiking Club Dates
Visit our Events Page for more events
May 4th @ 8:00 pm “May the 4th be with you”
Bring your lightsaber and join HeartLands Conservancy and River Bend Astronomy Club at Highland Silver Lake for a night hike and star gazing! Space is limited to 30 participants, so please register to attend. To seeing you we look forward!