Ways to Give

gifts of stock

Gifts of Stock

A gift of stock or other appreciated security (e.g, bonds, mutual funds) is a great way to help avoid capital gains taxes, receive an income tax deduction, and support local conservation.

Your support will make a big difference and help conserve the region’s clean water, save our region’s farms and forests, create local trails and recreation, and support programs in local communities.

In short, you’ll be making an investment in Southern Illinois’ future.

How to donate a gift of stock

Transferring stock to HeartLands Conservancy is easy to do.  It’s also a great way to maximize your Federal and State income tax deductions to the fullest extent permitted by law.

  • Your income tax donation is based upon the current market value of the stock at the time you donate it.
  • Please remember that it may take several days for your broker to complete a transfer of stock at the year-end, so plan adequate time if that year-end dedication is important to you.

Transfer instructions for your broker:

If the securities are held in a “Street Name” at a brokerage firm or bank other than Raymond James & Associates, Inc., have your broker transfer the securities “in kind” to:

Raymond James & Associates, Inc.
FBO ACCT# 511TJ139
FBO Heartlands Conservancy

If the securities are held in a Raymond James account, have your broker journal the gift to Heartlands Conservancy’s account at Raymond James:

FBO ACCT# 511TJ139

FBO Heartlands Conservancy

For other circumstances, contact Heartlands Conservancy’s broker:
David Schrader or Kathy Kernan
Raymond James
23 Public Square, Suite 450
Belleville, IL 62220-1600
Phone: (618) 641-2169
Toll Free 888-251-8739


HeartLands Conservancy’s tax id is 37-1273869

For more information

Contact Mallory Ketcherside at 618-566-4451 ex 10 or email mallory.ketcherside@heartlandsconservancy.org

Note: You will need to provide your name, number of shares, and the name of the stock or the stock code. We need your name so that we can properly thank you. Please consult your financial advisor as well.