Request for Bids – Brushy Lake Restoration and Green Infrastructure
Prequalified Contractors List (May 2023)
HeartLands Conservancy issued a request for qualifications from consultants and contractors on March 17, 2023. The response deadline was April 18, 2023 with ability for HeartLands Conservancy to pre-qualify firms after the deadline.
The purpose was to pre-qualify a list of consultants and contractors from which to obtain bids for future contracts and grants, subject to grant terms and organizational policies.
Qualifications were sought for the following purposes:
• Environmental/Natural Resource Planning & Engineering
• Forestry (including GIS mapping, policy, urban forestry planning, and management)
• Wetland Restoration
• Landscape Architecture
• Botany & Ecological Services
• Wildlife Biologist (Midwest, Southern Illinois)
• Stream Restoration/Stabilization and Erosion Control
• Water Quality/Stormwater Best Management Practices Engineering and/or construction
• Stormwater Modeling
• Site Development/Construction Management
• Site Surveying
• Urban Design & Placemaking
• Bike & Pedestrian, Trail Transportation Engineering
• Community engagement/Facilitation
• Sign Fabrication (Interpretive, site wayfinding, regulatory, directional, etc.)
Eighteen (18) submissions were received. Staff reviewed each submittal and made recommendations under each category. The Board of Directors unanimously approved the list on May 11, 2023. Click the orange box below for the current list of pre-qualified contractors per service. The list is in no particular order and is not a ranking of firms, but simply firms qualified under each service. Additional firms/contractors may be contacted for purchasing purposes as particular needs arise.
Read the oringinal RFQ here.